a) Cookies use
b) Types, performance and goals of Cookies
c) How to disable Cookies on the main browsers
d) What happen if Cookies are disabled
a) Cookies and Web Bugs by Jaguar Websites:
Jaguar uses ¨Cookies¨ and other elements of similar characteristics (hereinafter Cookies). Cookies are files sent to a browser by a web server to log the user activity on a particular page, or all pages, applications and / or services of the Websites of Jaguar (hereinafter the Service). The first objective of cookies is of providing the user faster access to the selected services. In addition, the Services personalize Cookies featuring Websites of Jaguar, facilitating and providing each User information that is or may be of interest according to the use of the Services.
The Websites of Jaguar also use Web Bugs, which are tiny and transparent images embedded in emails. When User opens the email, the image is downloaded while the rest of the content of the email, which reveals whether a particular email has been opened or not, like the IP address from which you downloaded. The Websites of Jaguar use this information to gather statistics and to perform analytical studies of the reception of emails by users.
b) Types, performance and goals of Cookies:
Cookies, in terms of its validity period, are divided into session cookies or persistent Cookies. The first expire when User closes the browser. The latter do upon completion of the purpose for which they serve (eg, to hold the User Services identified in Jaguar) or when it is manually deleted.
Furthermore, according to their purpose, Cookies may be classified as follows:
PERFORMANCE COOKIES: This type of cookie saves your preferences for tools that are in the Services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service every time you visit. For example, are included in this type of Cookies:
- Volume settings of video and audio players.
- The video transmission rates that are compatible with your browser.
- The objects stored in the «shopping cart» in the E-commerce services such as shops.
COOKIES FOR GEOLOCATION: These cookies are used to determine the country in which it is located when a service is requested. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content of its location.
SIGN-IN COOKIES: Sign-in cookies are used to determine the country in which it is located when a service is requested. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content of its location:
- Keep the User identified so that, if you close a service, the browser or the computer, and log back in later in the Service will continue identified, facilitating the navigation without having to identify themselves. This functionality can be eliminated if the user presses the feature «close session», so this cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the Service User will be logged to be connected.
- Check whether User is authorized to access certain Services, such as participation in a contest.
Additionally, some Services may use connectors with social networks like Facebook or Twitter. When the User is logged into a service with a social network credentials, authorizes the social network to keep a persistent Cookie to remember your identity and ensures access to the Services until it expires. The user can delete this Cookie and propiol access to social networking Services by updating your preferences in specific social network.
ANALYTICAL COOKIES: Each time a user visits a service, a tool from an external supplier (Omniture, NetScope, Comscore and similar may be added to this list in the event of changes in relation to current) generates an analytical Cookie in the User’s computer. This Cookie, which is only generated in the visit, will in future visits to Jaguar Services to identify anonymous visitors. The main objectives are:
- Allow anonymous identification of users through the «Cookie» (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and hence the approximate counting the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Know if the accessing User is a new one or a repeated visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to check into a Jaguar Service, the «Cookie» will never linked to any personal data that demonstrates identification. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimizing user experience on the site.
ADVERTISING COOKIES: This type of «Cookies» allow more information to the ads shown to each anonymous user in Jaguar Services. For example, duration or frequency of display advertising positions are stored, the interaction with the same or browsing patterns and / or User behavior and that help shape a profile of advertising interest. Thus, allow us to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING COOKIES: Besides advertising managed by Jaguar Websites of its Services, the Websites of Jaguar offer advertisers the option of serving advertisements by third parties («Ad Servers»). Thus, these third parties may store cookies sent from Jaguar Services from the browsers of its users, and access to the data stored in them.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies. Currently, the Websites of Jaguar use Doubleclick (Google) platform for managing these services. For more information, visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads/.
c) How to disable Cookies and Web bugs on the main browsers:
It is possible, in most cases, stop accepting browser Cookies and stop accepting Cookies of a particular Service.
All browsers allow you to change the settings on Cookies. These settings are usually found in the «Options» or «Preferences» menu of your browser. Similarly, you can set up your browser or email client and install free add-ons to prevent Web Bugs are downloaded when you open an email.
The Websites of Jaguar offer help the User through the steps to get the menu settings for Cookies and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the major browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- For more information, please see Microsoft Support or Browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> History> Custom Settings.
- For more information, please see Mozilla Support or Browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings> Show Advanced Options> Privacy> Content Settings.
- For more information, please see Google Support or Browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences> Security.
- For more information, please see Apple Support or Browser Help.
d) What happen if Cookies are disabled:
Some features of the Services are disabled. For example, to stay logged in, keep shopping at the «shopping cart» on an e-commerce service, receive information to their location or viewing some videos.
The Websites of Jaguar may modify this Policy Cookies based on laws, regulations, or in order to adapt the policy to instructions given by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, so the users are advised legislative requirements that visit periodically.
When there are significant changes in this Cookies Policy, they will be communicated to users using the web or via e-mail to registered users.